I saw a conversation on Facebook earlier today that caught my attention, one that included the phrases, "I hope dinner is as good as it smells!" and "OMGGGGGGGGG
This chicken is to die for!", along with a recommendation that I personally should try it!
That was more than enough of a recommendation - I knew then and there that I was going to cook it tonight. It would be too late for dinner tonight, but would be a great lunch tomorrow.
I've had only a couple of bites, but she wasn't kidding!!! In addition to how delicious it is, prep time is like a minute!!
Amy B. found the recipe on Pinterest (I love Pinterest!). It's originally from food.com.
I made a slight alteration from the original recipe. I used only 4 oz. of cream cheese, and it was the lower fat Neufchatel cheese.
Here is this gem of a recipe!
Crock Pot Chicken with Black Beans and Cream Cheese
4 -5 boneless chicken breasts
1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans
1 (15 ounce) can corn
1 (15 ounce) jar salsa, any kind
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 Take 4-5 frozen, yes, frozen, boneless chicken breasts put into crock pot.
2 Add 1 can of black beans, drained, 1 jar of salsa, 1 can of corn drained.
3 Keep in crock pot on high for about 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked.
4 Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top!) and let sit for about 1/2 hour.
5 All done and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment