Thursday, August 2, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Tuesday I cooked about 2 lbs. of chicken breast in my crock pot, along with a jar of mild salsa and a packet of taco seasoning. I've eaten some over rice, some in corn tortillas, will be freezing some tonight.

Driving home from work, I was thinking I want something quick for dinner, but I don't necessarily want to eat those again. So I made some tortilla soup, and it was GOOD!!!

I poured 2 cans of low fat low sodium chicken broth into a pan, added some frozen green beans, peas, and carrots (I should have added corn to it, oh well, next time). I seasoned it with cumin, chili powder, and a little cayenne. The beans that I used need to cook for 8 minutes, so while that was cooking, I preheated the oven, cut up 4 small corn tortillas into strips, sprayed them with cooking spray, tossing them to make sure they were fully covered, and then salted and peppered them. I put them in the oven for 4 minutes, tossed them again, and put them back in for another 3 minutes.

When the veggies had cooked for 8 minutes, I added probably about 3/4 cup of the shredded taco chicken, and returned it to the stove long enough to heat up the chicken.

After putting half of it in my bowl, I put half of the tortilla chips in it. Then I enjoyed every bite!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment