Monday, May 4, 2009

Quilting Retreat, March, 2009

Here it is, May, and I just realized I never posted about my trip to Gibbon, MN, where I met 8 other wonderful women who share my love of quilting. The time we spent there was fun, entertaining, educational... I learned a lot in those 2 short days.

The other women: Steam, esteemed founder of our little group - I learned a lot from her!
Squirrell, who has the most amazing organizational skills that I've ever seen;
Stiina, oh wise one! She's an engineer, very experienced quilter, AND a former Viking sewing machine salesperson!!!
Crazy, amazing woman, adoptive mom of 7
Manders, mom of Harry, and our photographer.
Mean Megan - not mean at all!!! And her kids are evidently the most beautiful children in the world!!!
Nick, from the frozen tundra of Superior Wis.
SuzzzieQ, one of the sweetest people I've ever met. And I think she travelled the farthest.

So, in Gibbon, I learned a lot of new quilty stuff. I used gridded fusible for the first time, which is a lot of fun to work with! At the retreat we made a heart shaped wall-hanging using this method. I learned how to make mitered corners, tho the few I've tried since getting back home don't look anywhere near as good as those I did with Squirrell's supervision. I also learned a few new applique methods and how to paper piece, and I even made a prairie point (I think that's what it was called!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment