Thursday, May 17, 2012

Spanish-Style Paprika Shrimp

It's been a while since I've posted, I think a week, and the last recipe I posted was a Mexican-inspired shrimp dish too!

This recipe is fantastic! It's adapted from www.mylifetime.com, Cook Yourself Thin.

Spanish-Style Paprika Shrimp

Serves 2 as a first course

Calories per serving: 195; WW original points 5 (add 1 pt for each 1/4 cup of rice, if serving)

1 T. olive oil
1/4 t. smoked paprika
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 t. salt
1 t. dried Italian seasonings
pinch of cayenne
1 1/2 T. lemon juice

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add paprika and garlic, and saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly so the garlic and paprika don't burn.

Raise heat to medium-high, add the shrimp, and saute for about 3 minutes, until the shrimp turn pink and are opaque.

Transfer shrimp to a warm serving dish, and toss with salt, Italian seasonings, cayenne, and lemon juice. Serve over rice if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment